Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How to scan for discouraging sector on my not easy drive?

I own a new (used) rugged drive. I use windows xp. I run a disk scan on that drive and since there's no background on it it only take 1 second to complete the scan. I want to run a complete scan for identifying any unpromising sector that it might have. the disk scan surrounded by xp doesn't do what i wanted it to do. I want to identify any bleak sector so when i put data within it it won't write to those bad sector. how do i do that? gratefulness.

How to scan for discouraging sector on my not easy drive?

Go to Start->Run

In the run window type



cmd





At the DOS prompt type



chkdsk d: /r



where on earth d is the drive letter of the firm disk you want to scan
U do a scandisk c: not a disk scan


No comments:

Post a Comment