Friday, September 17, 2010

How kan I amendment my Harddrive reminder?

repaired laptop, transfered files that I need to another h-drive afterwards formatted h-drive c: and reinstalled win/xp...now i sit near an invalid boot ini file and the drive note is now d:...I enjoy removed the other drive and replaced the files that I wanted, fixed the boot ini wallet but now sit next to C: drive as d: drive...how can I fix this?

How kan I amendment my Harddrive reminder?

You can not change the label of the drive your bootable OS is on. Reinstall windows but dont hold any other drives hooked up that will change your drive packages again.
Do you have XP Pro, XP Home, Vista doesn`t matter what?

It's different for different OSs.



I'll describe the steps in XP Pro. If you enjoy something else amend your question please.



1. Click on start

2. Click on settings

3. Click on Control Panel

4. Click on Administrative Tools.

5. Double click on Computer Management.

6. Double click on Storage.

7. Click on Disk Management.

8. Click INSIDE the box representing the Drive you want to relocate.

9. Right click for menu.

10. Select Change Drive letter and Paths

11. Change to the desired drive note.

12. Click on OK.

13. Click on OK again.

14. Close the Tools out and reboot if requested.


No comments:

Post a Comment