Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How powerful will a supercomputer be?

I own intentions of building 3 to 5 regular PCs and hooking them up together in parallel contained by order to enjoy it act as some sort of super computer. This hypothesis mainly stems from the certainty that I want to process lots of information such as 3D editing programs and emulators for near current systems. Are my attempts surrounded by vain because progress in computer hardware is not current adequate?

How powerful will a supercomputer be?

check the web for Beowolf cluster computing

this is a GNU system for loading and running problems contained by Linux using clusters of appliance computers.

good luck
Doesn't the military enjoy terrabyte processors?
yeah.. what Dennis said.
As mentioned, there are beowolf clusters that roughly do the same entry. I think it's a great theory.



I would love to see a supercomputer formed across millions of computers on the Internet. SETI@HOME and other's have connected hundreds of thousands of computers, but the problem is they weren't other connected. I would like to see something that be always connected. I suppose that the simply problem would be that it could only support super-threaded applications, which aren't adjectives.


No comments:

Post a Comment